Thursday, May 31, 2007

My Manuscript was Accepted

I'm very happy to announce that Cedar Fort has accepted the Reasonable Doubt manuscript. I just received word yesterday. It was a lot sooner than I had expected so I'm even more thrilled about that. The print date has not been set yet, but it should be at the end of the year or early next year.

I am now editing the sequel, One On One, and hope to have it ready to submit in about 5 months. I don't know why it takes me so long, it is already finished. I don't have a lot of time to write in the summer because my kids stay up a little later than during the school year, and I cannot write unless they are in bed. During the school year, they're usually in bed by 8:30, but during the summer we let them stay up about an hour later, so sometimes I don't sit down to write until 9:30, and by that time, I'm exhausted. I would probably get more writing done if I didn't have to catch a little Letterman and Jimmy Kimmel every night. Shame on me. Now that summer is here and American Idol and Grey's Anatomy are done for a few months, I should have more time at night.

There are some major edits to do and then I have a few people read it to give me comments. My sister is my greatest editor and gives me some great feedback. I hope to know more about my manuscript in a few months!

6 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Congratulations!! What an awesome feeling and accomplishment.

I'll share with you a suggestion someone made to me when my first book came out -- save one of your author copies for your own, and write your feelings down inside the cover, like a journal. It will be a keepsake for your whole life!

Tristi Pinkston said...

I feel like a total doofus. This isn't your first novel!! I was on Amazon looking at LDS books and I came across "Star Shining Brightly." That would have been your first book, not this one.

Let me try again -- congratulations on your second novel!! :) And if this really is your third, just slap me . . .

Marcia Mickelson said...

Wow! Tristi, you left comments on my blog. That's exciting. I read yours all the time. I enjoy it a lot. I check it at least once a day. Thanks for your congrats. It means a lot. By the way, you helped out a little on this one. Remember your first virtual writing workshop? I submitted my first page to you and you made some great comments. Thanks!

Tristi Pinkston said...

Thanks for forgiving me. :)

Julie Wright said...

Congratulations on your acceptance!Very VERY cool! I look forward to seeing it at the LDSBA.

Sarah & Spencer (But Mostly Sarah) said...

Marcia, that is awesome! Congrats