Saturday, June 30, 2007

Summer Reading Thing Update

I have been reading a lot this last week, but I don't think I'll finish all 13 books. However, I have found myself wanting to read a lot more. There is just something about accountability that gets me motivated. Knowing I would have to blog about my progress made me want to read! So, I have finished Nothing to Regret by Tristi Pinkston. I really enjoyed this book. I don't often pick up historical fiction, but this one was very good. I read it quickly, wanting to know what would happen and was surprised about certain plot twists. It was not a predictable book, you really didn't know what would happen next. I also learned about a little-talked about aspect of WWII.

I'm now halfway through Persuasion by Jane Austen. This is the 2nd time I've read this book and am really enjoying it again. My book club is reading this book, so I have until the 14th to finish. That is when our club meets. I just really love Jane Austen. I think I'll watch the movie again after I finish reading it. What a great movie!

I also have about 90 pages left of Until Proven Guilty by Betsy Brannon Green. This is also my second time reading this book. It was the second LDS novel I ever read and it is what hooked me and also inspired me to write. I don't often re-read books, in fact almost never, but I picked two good ones to re-read.

I hope to finish these two books up by next week, and then I'm ready to start Perfect Timing by Michele Ashman Bell and The Cubicle Next Door by Siri Mitchell. By the way, I'm not getting any writing done!

3 comments:

Karlene said...

I liked Tristi's book as well. And I'm a huge Jane Austin fan too. :)

Karlene said...

Don't forget to go post your review to the Mr. Linky here.

Tristi Pinkston said...

You sweet thangs!