Saturday, July 7, 2007

Nothing to Regret

Tristi Pinkston's Nothing to Regret was an insightful historical novel. I don't usually go for historical fiction, but I wanted to give this one a try. And, it was very well-researched and truly educational. Ken, a Japanese-American and his family are placed in relocation center in Utah during WWII. It follows Ken as he goes to Japan as an American spy. There are several unexpected twists as the years progress.

I really enjoyed this book and learned about a little known and tragic fact about our American history. I was also impressed with Ken and his family as they are forgiving despite being treated horribly by this government.

I suggest reading this touching, fast-paced novel.

1 comment:

Karlene said...

I liked this book too, although I'm not sure I'd call it "fast paced." Which is not to imply that I'd call it slow, either. It was really interesting to see into the Japanese-American culture.