Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day

First day of school today, and I'm up and running. After I dropped off the two oldest, I mowed the lawn in the front and back. It's only my 3rd time in my whole life to mow the lawn; that's usually my husband's job. He spent over four hours helping a new family in our ward move in on Saturday, so that day was out. And then it was Sunday, so it desperately needed it today. It felt good. There's something about mowing the lawn that makes me feel good. And my 2 year old was so good, sat in his stroller having breakfast & watching Thomas the Tank on the portable DVD player. Then, we played outside for a while until it got too hot. By 10:00 it's too hot for me.

Then, we went to the thrift store, and I bought 3 pairs of pants for my son who is so hard to buy for because he has a tiny waist, but is so tall. Three pairs of pants and a Kate Spade bag for a total of $11. Not bad! I'm still trying to figure out if the Kate Spade is a fake; it's quite likely, but I don't care. It's a really cute bag. Then, grocery shopping and back home. My baby ate lunch and is down for a nap. I even mopped my kitchen floor! It's so beautiful. By tonight, I'm sure it will be all gross again. So far, it's a good first day of school. I'll see how my Kindergartener and Second Grade fared. In a few minutes, I'm off to face the huge pick up lines at school. No fun, especially the first day.

2 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Wow -- you mopped your floor? I think my floor would die of shock if I did that . . .

Sarah & Spencer (But Mostly Sarah) said...

i love mowing the lawn as well!