Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Twilight

Well, I finally read Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I've read so many blogs about her books. I don't usually read fantasy of any kind, let alone anything to do with vampires, but this was a terrific book. Meyer writes beautifully. Edward's character is so unique, unlike anything I've read before. The story really draws you in. I just picked up New Moon from the library tonight.

Needless to say, I have not done any writing all week. I wanted to participate in Tristi Pinkston's Book In A Month, but figured I wouldn't get any writing done with such a delicious book to devour. Hopefully when the next BIAM comes up, I won't have anything good to read and I can actually do some writing.

Browsing through her website, I found a link to Meyer's work in progress. Midnight Sun
is the same story, told from Edward's point of view. I read the first chapter, which is the first chapter of Twilight, but from Edward's viewpoint. So good. I loved reading what was going through his mind when he met Bella. Anyway, I'm hooked now. Have to go. I have 25 mintues before I have to pick up the kids from school. I can get a few chapters of NewMoon in.

No comments: