Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dogs

I do like dogs, really. My favorite kind is the ones on leashes. I really have nothing against dogs. They are very cute, but they scare me to pieces. I'm violently scared of stray dogs. I love to go on walks or take my kids on bike rides around the neighborhood. Too many times, however, we've seen stray dogs who want to follow us. Most of them are harmless, but I'm so scared of having a strange dog within a foot of me or my kids. I don't mind dogs when they're with their owners. I'll even get a little near them, but when they're on their own, you don't know what to expect.

There are many stray dogs that run around in our neighborhood, and this has severely curtailed out usually walks/bike rides. It doesn't seem fair that I can't feel safe walking around my neighborhood. The other day, I turned around and walked walked a few extra blocks just because I spotted a dog a few houses down. I like dogs, really. They're very cute. I'll probably never have one as a pet, but I don't mind them as long as they're with their owner or on a leash.

1 comment:

Sarah & Spencer (But Mostly Sarah) said...

I have a friend that was so terrifired of dogs (this is her most embarrassing moment, by the way). she saw a dog on the other side of the street and she saw a car coming and she stopped the car in the middle of the road, got in the car, and waited until the dog left. You remind me of her, just a little.