Saturday, October 13, 2007

The First Tee



Today, I took my eight-year old son to his first golf lesson. There is a great program here in San Antonio, and other places, too I'm sure. It's called The First Tee. It offers free golf lessons to all children ages 5-18. They not only teach them how to play golf, but also teach them nine core values- honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy, and judgment.

He had fun learning the basics of golf and looks forward to more. My other two boys had fun hanging out. The golf course is right next to the San Antonio Zoo and there is a miniature train that passes by every 15 minutes or so.

This is a national program, and there are other chapters around the country. Did I mention the golf lessons were free? Next week they're giving the students tickets to a golf tournament. Check to see if there are any chapters in your area.

3 comments:

Tigersue said...

You are added to the LDS Women blog roll. Thanks. :)

Tristi Pinkston said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. We're signing the kids up for karate next month.

Josi said...

that is super awesome--I've wanted my husband and I to take golf lessons for years. We're not young enough for free stuff but I just can't get in gear enough to find a good class. Very fun.