Thursday, October 11, 2007

It Feels Good!

I think I have it back. I've had major writer's block for a few years now. Prior to the 2004 election and my baby's birth, I was on a roll. Writing 2-3 hours every night. But, then came my obsession with watching ongoing coverage of the election and Rubens' 2005 birth and I just couldn't write anymore.

Luckily, I had written several novels worth prior to the onset of writer's block. For the past few years, I have basically been editing/revising and forcing myself to finish what I started long before. But, it wasn't with the love as years before. Well, yesterday was a beautiful day. I had dialogue & scenes going through my head all day. It was all I could think about. I couldn't wait to get home and write. I have missed that feeling. I got a lot written and it feels good! I hope the feeling sticks around.

2 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Welcome back! :)

Marsha Ward said...

It's the coolest feeling in the world, Marcia. I'm happy for you!