Thursday, October 25, 2007

Squirels to Be Evicted

Sorry to rant about animals again. I repeat, I have nothing against animals, really. But, there is a squirrel living in my attic, along with her four babies. My husband and father-in-law went up there to check recently when we heard a scratching/thumping noise in the corner of my sons' bedroom.

They saw the four babies, but couldn't reach them to take them out. The mother wasn't there, probably gathering food for them. I don't mind the squirrels so much, especially when our first suspicion was opossums. We're trying to decide what to do about them. I think we're probably going to leave them alone and hope once the babies have grown a little more, they will just leave with their mother. Unless, anyone else has a better idea.

My son did ask me this morning when we're going to get rid of the noise in his room. We haven't explained what the noise is. The noise does freak him out a little. He doesn't like to be in there by himself. I don't blame him. I hope those babies grow up soon. I don't want to evict the poor babies, but something has to be done.

1 comment:

Tristi Pinkston said...

We recently had a whole family of cats living in the insulation under our house. It was not lovely. I feel for you.