1. I was born in Guatemala and came to the U.S. when I was about three months old.
2. I only spoke Spanish until I went to Kindergarten where I learned English. Now, my English is much better than my Spanish. My sister and I polished our English by watching way too many soap operas when we were little. By the time I was 8, I had a pretty good vocabulary, but they were words like blackmail and affair.
3. Speaking of soap operas, my sister and I were obsessed with Santa Barbara, the soap opera. We would tape it every day. I still have boxes of old VHS tapes in my attic. I am proud to say it's been over 2 years since I've watched any of them. I cried for days when my favorite character, Mary, was killed off of Santa Barbara.
4. Okay, we were really obsessed. We would write down the lines and act out some of the scenes. Our favorites were when there was a lot of yelling, slapping, or throwing drinks at each other.
5. My husband likes Mitt Romney. I like Barack Obama. I don't think we'll have any bumper stickers on our car or lawn signs in our yard.
6. My husband and I met at a BYU dance when my friend and his friend started talking and dancing together. We still keep in contact with both of those friends. They're great friends of ours. Without them, my husband and I would have never met. Our friends only went on one date. No love connection there. They are each happily married to someone else.
7. My husband and I have been married for 13 years.
8. I love making train layouts with my boys. Right now, my favorite is Geo Trax. But I also love the wooden Thomas tracks. In fact, we often have train layouts in our living room for 2-3 days straight.
9. I've never read any of the Harry Potter books or seen the movies. I don't like fantasy. If my kids wanted to watch one of the movies, I'd watch with them, but not on my own. No interest.
10. My husband proposed to me at a Salt Lake Buzz baseball game. They put it on the scoreboard and announced it over the loudspeaker. It was so cool! I wasn't expecting it at all.