Wednesday, January 30, 2008

How to take the Ex out of Ex-Boyfriend


In my last post, I had a typo which said: I'm not going to read Janette Rallison's How to Take the Ex out of Ex-boyfriend, when what I meant to write was I'm now going to read Janette Rallison's How to Take the Ex out of Ex-boyfriend. Needless to say, my typo was a little embarrassing.
Well, embarrassing moments are common for Giovanna in this book. In fact, those embarrassing moments were quite comical. I really enjoyed this book and found Giovanna to be very likeable, the kind of character you want to root for.
When Giovanna's twin brother runs for student council president, Giovanna's boyfriend campaigns for the opponent. Giovanna then breaks up with him, and soonafter regrets her decision. She wants to get back together with him, but still help her brother win the election. There's a little twist at the end that makes for a surprising ending. I recommend this book; it's a fun read. And I'm finding that I really enjoy YA books. When I finish reading the Whitney-nominated titles, I'm going to find some more Janette Rallison and Shannon Hale books to read. I think I just found a whole new, fun genre that I've been overlooking for a long time. Who says YA books have to be for young adults?
I'm not going to tell you which book I'm now going to read lest I make another embarassing typo.

6 comments:

Janette Rallison said...

Glad you liked it! And yeah, there are some great YA books out there.

Tristi Pinkston said...

I haven't read this one yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Tamster said...

You are quite the reader, Marcia! I can't believe how fast you get through them.
How's the moving stuff coming along?
:-)

alisonwonderland said...

i've been really enjoying some YA reads so far this year too! i'm adding this one to my to-read list. i just posted a review of Shannon Hale's Princess Academy, which i loved.

Marcia Mickelson said...

Janette- I'm looking forward to reading more of your books.
Tristi- You'll like it. How's your reading coming along. You're a fast reader anyway, aren't you?
Tamster-I don't usually read this fast, but I'm trying to read all the books that have been nominated for a Whitney award so I can vote. I still have about a dozen books to read before Feb 20.
Alisonwonderland- Hi. welcome to my blog. It's nice to hear from you. I've got Princess Academy on my list to read after I finish up these Whitney-nominated books.

Marsha Ward said...

Marcia,

I won your book over on LDSPublisher! WooHoo!!!!

I hadn't made my quarterly book run to Phoenix yet, and now I can cross your book off the list. I was going to buy it, but getting it as a prize is awesome!