Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Early Voting


Here in Texas, our primary is on March 4th. What is great about Texas is that they have early voting. I'm not sure how many other states have early voting, but it's the coolest. You don't have to wait until Election Day. Usually a week or so before Election Day, you can go to early voting sites and cast your vote. I went to our local library today and voted without having to stand in any lines. That's a big relief when you bring your two-year old along. And he got a little sticker that said, "I voted."


Early voting significantly cuts down on long lines on Election Day and it's convenient for people who may be out of town or unable to vote on Election Day. So, I'm happy to cross that off my list of things to do. In and out at the booth, just in time for Story Time in the next room at the library.


I was kind of surprised to see a few candidates on the ballot who have dropped out. I guess people can still vote for them if they want too. John Edwards and Bill Richardson were still on the Democratic ballot. Bill Richardson would make an awesome Vice President, by the way. I'm almost certain either Clinton or Obama will choose him as their running mate.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I don't know Bill Richardson at all, I'll have to look him up! We did our early voting on Thursday last week, went over after I picked Jason up from work and then took turns while the other parent watched the kids in the lobby. the library proper was closed, so we didn't get to do anything cool while we waited, but the boys were well behaved and they all got stickers too. :)

Who did you end up voting for (if you want to say, I know some people don't)?

Marcia Mickelson said...

Bill Richardson is the governor of New Mexico and was the US Ambassador to the UN under Clinton. His mother is from Mexico. He's so cool. He dropped out of his run for President a while back.

I voted for Barack Obama. I like Hillary Clinton too, but I think she comes with a little too much baggage.

EABS said...

Okay, nothing at all with politics, but I just ordered your latest book while I was getting some other things from Deseret Book!

Marcia Mickelson said...

Hi Emilia. It took me a minute to figure out who eabs was. Thanks for ordering my book! I hope you like it.

Tamster said...

I wondered whether they did early voting here or not; thanks for the heads up. I'll have to look into it. :-)