Thursday, February 28, 2008

Technology

I'm always one of the last to get stuff. We've only had a DVD player for about 2-3 years, it took forever for me to want a cell phone, we only just got DSL a few months ago, and I've never had a digital camera. I'm behind on the times, for some reason. Probably due to cheapness. It runs in my family. Anyway, my friend, Julie, just let me have her digital camera. They have a newer one and she just gave it to me. What a great friend. I've wanted one for a long time, but the whole cheapness thing kept me from getting one.

It was sure nice to have it when we went to the Children's Museum in New Braunfels, TX today. I love children's museums. We've gone to the one in San Antonio a couple dozen times, so we thought we'd try this one. It's only about 20 miles away. It was smaller than the San Antonio one, but I kind of liked it that way. There was a huge open area so you can see all the kids at the same time and you didn't have to walk around a lot. My kids really liked it. I took these pictures and decided to put them on this blog, mostly so hubby can see them. He's out of town today and wasn't able to go with us. So, here they are...

















Walking on the moon





Driving an ambulance. It had a real gurney in the back. I was tempted to lay down and take a nap.


















Grocery Shopping




Playing trains... This was a favorite for my youngest two.











4 comments:

Amanda said...

These are adorable! I'm glad you were finally about to get a camera, I'm sure that's wonderful.

Tamster said...

Yea! A big THANK YOU to your friend for giving you that camera because now we will get to see cute pics like these of your kids! How fun! :-)

Rebecca Talley said...

I love, love, love having a digital camera.

Sounds, and looks, like you had a great time. We don't have a museum like that anywhere near us, so we take advantage of museums, aquariums and the like when we're on vacation.

I love your photos--fun to see your kids.

Don said...

Great news - photos make a blog fun.

In all the times we went to New Braunfels, we never even knew they had a children's museum. Of course, we didn't have any children back then.

Tell me you made it to Naegelin's Bakery while you were there. If not, I'm afraid you're just going to have to go back!