Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentine's Day Blog

My friend, Sarah, did this on her blog, and I thought it would be fun to try. They are questions about my marriage.

First, a little background. I met my husband, Nolan, on March 13, 1993. We noticed each other at a BYU Men's volleyball game. They were playing against Ball State. We sort of checked each other out across the fieldhouse. The friend I was with, Tami, had met the friend he was with the previous night at a BYU dance. They didn't talk to us at the game, but after the game, we saw each other again at a BYU dance. During the final dance of the night, they asked us to dance. I liked Nolan right away. He and his friend gave Tami and me a ride home, and Nolan said, "maybe I'll give you a call sometime." Perhaps his 'maybe' is the reason I couldn't remember his name the next day. I really liked him, but a name that's a little unusual--Nolan--was not easy to remember. Luckily, he did give me a call...

Here we are almost 15 years later. Happy Valentines Day, baby. I love you.



How long have you been together? Married for 13 and a half years

How long did you date? About 15 months

How old is he? 36

Who eats more? I think he does

Who is taller? Nolan is

Who sings better? He does. I'm awful.

Who is smarter? We're equally smart, just in different areas.

Who does the laundry? I do.

Who does the dishes? The dishwasher.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does.

Who pays the bills? I do.

Who mows the lawn? He does. I've done it three times in my whole life.

Who cooks dinner? I do, if you call that cooking because I'm awful at it. I actually need to give credit where credit is due--Betty Crocker, Campbell's, Old El Paso etc.

Who is more stubborn? I think I am. He's so easy going.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me first.

Who asked who out? I hinted to his friend that I had an extra ticket for a Men's Chorus concert, so Nolan called me about it. Technically, I asked him out first, but he called me first, so it's a tie.

Who said "I love you" first? He did.

Who proposed? He did. We were at a Salt Lake Buzz game, and he had the announcer ask me over the loudspeaker, and they put it on the scoreboard. It was so romantic. I loved it. I was completely surprised by it, but readily, happily, and enthusiastically said, "Of course!"

Who is more sensitive? Me. I cry easily at movies and almost anything.

Who has more siblings? Nolan has 6 & I have 1.

Who wears the pants in the relationship? We both wear pants. However, I do wear skirts on Sundays and he still wears pants. (Can you tell I hate this question?)

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

5 comments:

Josi said...

That's so cute. Dang, a good man is a wonderful thing isn't it? Hope you enjoy the day.

Holly said...

Fun facts! I graduated from BYU in 1993...

Autumn Ables said...

I love reading stuff about other people I blog with. This was so cute and fun, Marcia!

Happy Valentines, to you!

Also- I'm bummed you won't be a Boot Camp- but then again you don't NEED it like I do...but I'm SO pleased to read you'll be at the conference! :)

Tamster said...

That was cute! I'd forgotten all about the volleyball game. Fun to reminisce. Happy Valentine's Day to you and Nolan! :-)

Tristi Pinkston said...

How fun!