Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Beatles Night

When I was in Second or Third grade I used to hang out in my parents' room and look through my dad's stacks of records (and 8 tracks too). That is where I discovered the Beatles. None of the other records really caught my attention, but the Beatles did. My favorite one to listen to was Magical Mystery Tour. I would listen to it over and over. It has a weird cover, but I just loved the songs. My favorite was The Fool On the Hill.

I was excited when I found out that American Idol contestants would be singing the Beatles. I set it to record tonight, but forgot to adjust my VCR's clock for daylight saving time, so I missed half the performances. Thank goodness for You Tube.

Some of them were horrible tonight--Kristy Lee Cook and David Hernandez (though I usually like him)

I loved David Cook, Jason Castro, and Brooke White. David Cook for sure was my favorite. Eleanor Rigby is also one of my favorite Beatles song. He was great! Wonderful performance. He's my choice to win it all.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like we have about the same judgement this week. I thought Ramielle, Kristy, and David H did bad (though I didn't think he did as bad as the girls did), and felt really bad for David A for how umcomfortable he was and all the missed lyrics, and I thought Brook, David C, Chickezie, and Carly did the best last night. I love Jason C and I want to see him do something more than sit and play the guitar. I think he needs to change it up or he'll lose popularity. I can't decide yet who I want to win the whole thing, I've got too many favorites! David C definitely has a good chance, and David A, and Jason C...okay, I could go on, but I won't. ;)

Amanda said...

Oh no! Poor David Hernandez! :(

Holly said...

Didn't watch American Idol, but I love the Beatles!

Tristi Pinkston said...

David C. is seriously awesome. My persona favorite is Michael, but David C. is way talented. I also really like Carly and Brooke.

Marcia Mickelson said...

Amanda- I'm quite sad about David Hernandez, but his song was pretty bad. I will miss him. I really wanted to see Kristy go home.
Tristi- I really like Michael too. He and Brooke are in my top 3.