Sunday, March 30, 2008

Book In A Month

I've started a new book last week and am anxious to get going on it. Thankfully, Tristi Pinkston is sponsoring another Book In A Month. Realistically, you could write an entire book in a month, however, that's not always the purpose of a BIAM. It's a great way to set a goal, be accountable, and give yourself motivation to really write. You set your own realistic goal and try to get as much written as you can.


My word count is currently 10,422. My goal is to write 2,000 words a day for five days a week. I'm taking the weekends off. I'll be writing during my two-year old's naptime, usually between 12:30 to 2:30, and at night when all the kids are in bed, around 8:00 PM. That should give me plenty of time to write, as long as I don't get sidetracked by blogging, chores, TV. I'm really anxious to going on this book. I'm hoping this BIAM challenge will keep me accountable since I have to check in on Tristi's blog every night.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, that's a huge goal. I can't imagine writing 2000 words per day 5 times a week yet. Right now the goal is 500 per day 5 times per week. And then I tend to bounce around projects, though I really should work on just one. What's your final word count goal? Is this book related to the others I've read?

Tamster said...

Wow! That's a lot of writing. Good for you. What's the status on your sequel to Reasonable Doubt? Did you finish it? Or is that what you are working on now? Or is it on hold?
What's happening with moving? I guess I just need to call you so we can chat--but not between 12:30-2:30 or after 8! :-)

Marcia Mickelson said...

It is a pretty loft goal, but if I don't make it one day, I won't try to make it up the next day. I'm giving it a try, but I won't be too hard on myself. I'm hoping for about 75,000 words or so.

This is a whole new book that I'm working on, and I definitely want some input, Amanda, when I'm done or close to it.

Tami- The sequel to Reasonable Doubt is still in its final editing stages. I want to submit it by next month. Right now, my sister is reading it to give me some more feedback. She had to unexpectedly go out of town and so I told her not to worry about it until she gets back. I always like to have 2-3 people read it for feedback. Amanda gave me some great feedback and I'm almost finished fixing all her suggestions, except for 1-2 scenes.

julie said...

Go for it! You've certainly inspired me. This is what I need to do. Set a goal and set a certain time to accomplish it. I know you can do this!

Tamster said...

I'd love to be a feedback person for you, if you ever need anybody else. Of course, I still haven't read Reasonable Doubt, so I probably wouldn't be too great a help on the sequel. That's great it's almost done, though. Good luck! :-)

Amanda said...

I'd love to look at the new one when you're done with it. Maybe when things are more settled with your moving and all, I could send some of my stuff your way, too.