Sunday, March 2, 2008

Book Signing

I did a book signing at Temple View Books in San Antonio, TX on Saturday. The store is right across the street from the temple, a perfect location. It went really well; my most successful book signing yet (only my 4th). The staff there is so nice. It was a pleasure talking to them. I had many friends come by to buy books. There were also several customers who bought some books as well.

I really enjoyed talking to the customers who came in. There were several groups from other parts of Texas that had come to town to go to the temple. I had great conversations with several people. The staff was so nice; they even told me I could stay past the end time since it was going well. This was definitely my most enjoyable book signing. I wish they could all go this well. It was nice meeting and talking to new people.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Cool! I'm glad it went well for you. I would have bought one!!

Tamster said...

How awesome! That's great you could do that and that it went so well! May you have many more like that one and better! :-)

Amanda said...

It really is a very good book Marcia. I'm glad it went well, it seems like everything with this book is going well.

Don said...

Glad to hear this went well - so often book signing stories express frustration rather than success.

Any plans to do a signing at Moon's LDS Books in Dallas?

Marcia Mickelson said...

Don- I haven't been to that store in Dallas. I should definitely look into it. Maybe in a few months when we're hopefully settled. We're sort of in the middle of a move, or we will be if we ever sell our house.

Christine Thackeray said...

Congrats, Marcia,
I thought the hardest part of writing was the writing but how the book is received is really nerve-wracking. I'm glad it's going well.

Marsha Ward said...

Woo-hoo for you! It's always nice to have a good experience in a bookstore.