Saturday, March 1, 2008

Rally

On Friday evening, I braved long lines to attend a rally for Barack Obama here in San Antonio. The primary is on Tuesday, so he's been campaigning in Texas a lot. I chose to stand in the "mosh pit" rather than sit down. I wanted to get as close as possible. Still, it was hard to get a very good picture. Most of the ones I took had someone's head in it. I think this was the least amount of head of any of my pictures. What a night! There was such a wonderfully diverse group of people and so many young people. There were so many volunteers. It was great to see so many young people politically engaged. Senator Obama gave a great speech, prompting many cheers and applause from the crowd. After the speech, the crowd pushed toward the front in attempt to shake hands with him. I was about three people away, but was unable to shake hands. There were also a lot of people getting their copies of his book signed. After the rally, I picked up some goodies for my kids-- 2 T-shirts, a hat, and a button all for $19.00. There were so many vendors, and I think I got a great deal. Despite the crowds and an aching back from standing for 3 hours, it was a great night. Truly, the chance of a lifetime, and I'm glad I didn't miss it.







2 comments:

Christine Thackeray said...

Please go to http://candacesalima.blogspot.com/
and read it. Please.

Marcia Mickelson said...

I read Candace's blog all the time.