Wednesday, April 9, 2008

1 Hour, 1 Coke, and 1 Thousand Words

I'm doing a Book In A Month Challenge this month. I don't expect to finish writing the entire book, but I have set a goal of writing 2,000 words each day, five days a week. I started this goal a little early on March 26 and had been doing pretty well with it. For 5 days straight, I hit my goal. Then, I stumbled a little on April 2. Now, the last three days, I have fallen short of my goal as well. 2,000 words is a lot, but I'm trying to achieve it most of the days.

Today, I want to get back on track. My parents were kind enough to invite the kids over to play this afternoon. We don't have cable at our house, and my parents do. So, once in a while, the kids like to go over and watch Nickelodeon. Today was a good day to indulge them in a little cable-watching.

I dropped them off, stopped at a convenient store to buy a 32 oz Coca Cola, and headed home to write. I was feeling really tired and the idea of a nap kind of crept into my head. To make that idea go away, I needed Coke. So, I had a little over an hour to write. I was able to finish up some writing from earlier in the day and totaled 1,000 words. It's now 9:15, and I have another 1,000 to write before I go to bed. I hope I make my goal for today.

6 comments:

Emilia said...

I send you caffeine laden cheers to help you meet your goal! Go Marcia!

Tamster said...

Wow, yeah, that's a lot! Good luck! Go, Marcia! :-)

Marcia Mickelson said...

Yay! Made it. 2,165 words tonight. My total word count is now 21,726. Thanks for the good wishes, Emilia & Tami.

Tamster said...

Congratulations! Good job! :-)

julie said...

I'm glad you made your goal. I'm cheering for you! Keep it up!

Amanda said...

All right!! That's a fantastic monthly word count Marcia!