Monday, April 28, 2008

Battle of the Flowers Parade

Last Friday, in San Antonio, we celebrated the Battle of the Flowers. Every April, there is a Battle of the Flowers parade in memory of the fallen heroes at the Alamo and to commemorate the victory at the Battle of San Jacinto. The kids had the day off of school for the celebration. I took my two oldest boys to the parade. Here are some of our favorites:






Luckily, it was overcast and it didn't get too hot. It was crowded, but we had decent seats-three rows up from the street. We had a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I had no idea that's what the battle of the flowers parade signified. I've never been to any of the Fiesta events despite growing up here. One day I'd like to go, but the idea of shepherding my three boys around and trying to navigate downtown streets is enough to put me in a panic attack just thinking about it, so as of yet I've stayed at home.

Marcia Mickelson said...

It is a little crazy. I left Ruben with my parents. He would have been too much. He likes to run away and won't sit still. The other two are much better. There was a bit of complaining with all the walking from the paking lot, and Omar got bored soon. We didn't stay for all of it. Two hours was enough for them. I wanted to be sure to go before we moved. And, it was actually Omar that asked to go.

Rebecca Talley said...

Looks like a fun parade.

Amanda said...

Hey Marcia,

How did your BIAM challenge end up going?