Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Favorite Children's Books





I just found a new favorite children's book-- Knuffle Bunny Too by Mo Willems. It's so cute. You have to check it out. Any parent whose child has a favorite stuffed animal that he/she cannot sleep without will understand.




This book is a sequel to Knuffle Bunny which I also love. My favorite part of these books is that the illustrations have photographic backgrounds. We discovered this book at our library's storytime. I take my 2 year old to bilingual storytime. It's so fun to hear her read the stories in Spanish. Mrs. Cindy, the librarian, is having her first baby soon, so bilingual storytime has been put on hold until May. I'm missing it.




I just love Mo Willems. His Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus is also a favorite at our house. In another post, I'll write about my other favorite children's book author--Kevin Henkes.

2 comments:

Tamster said...

Thanks, Marcia! Those books sound cute! I'll have to see if our library has them.
That's cool you go to bilingual storytime. That's a good way to work on them learning Spanish, since you said you wished you would have been better about teaching it to your kids. I hope she has her baby soon! ;-)

Tristi Pinkston said...

I love the pigeon and the bus!! I didn't realize that was the same author, but now it makes total sense.