Well, Josi Kilpack, Stacy Gooch Anderson, and Janet Kay Jensen all tagged me for this 7 Things Tag, so I have to tell you 7 wild & wacky things about me. I just did my 100th post and posted 100 things about me, so it was hard to come up with 7 more, but here they are. I'm not sure how wild & wacky they are.
1. I once took a class at BYU and had Patti Edwards (BYU Football coach, Lavell Edward's wife) in my class. She was such a cute woman. It was the best class offered at BYU- African American Experience in America.
2. I screw up really easy recipes. I once messed up cookies that someone gave me a mix and all I had to do was add eggs & butter. Well, I messed it up. I've also screwed up rice krispy treats. Really. No one would eat them. If it isn't in a tub and all I have to do is scoop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet, chances are I won't make it. My poor 6 year old has been asking for those chocolate, peanut butter squares he had at someone's baptism like a year ago. I keep telling him I'll make them for him because he loves them. Poor kid. One day, maybe...
3. I once pulled an overnighter at a Blackjack table and won about $800. That was a long time ago when I was young and stupid. Decades ago. Okay, just one decade. Don't judge me. I haven't been near a Blackjack table in a long time. I just told you 100 things about me, I couldn't think of any more, just the bad little ones. Stop judging me, I said. I can still feel you judging me.
4. I don't like to wear t-shirts. I only wear them to bed or running. Once in a while, I'll wear a t-shirt if everything else is dirty, and my kids will ask why I'm still in my pajamas. They hardly ever see me in t-shirts, except to bed.
5. After I graduated from BYU, I worked for this cool organization called Centro de La Familia in Salt Lake. I ran a foster care program by recruiting & training foster parents and placing children in their homes. I loved that job. I hated the commute from Ogden every day. My husband was going to Weber State at the time. It was so sweet when we finally moved to Salt Lake and I was only 5 minutes away from work.
6. My husband and I went to a Lisa Loeb concert once. You know, she's the one that always wears the glasses. Well, during a quiet moment, my husband yelled out, "hey, take off your glasses, and she yelled back, "hey, take off your pants!" It was funny.
7. In college, my husband bought a motorcycle. It was orange, and we called it Orangina. I loved that thing. We would ride it everywhere. We once rode it to Idaho, about a 4 hour trip, and my bottom was hurting when we got there. We sold it when we moved to NJ and here in Texas, he bought a new one. We still love it, but hardly go for rides anymore. Can't fit car seats on it.
Here’s the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are the people I'm tagging: