Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cleaning Can Help

I felt very unproductive this morning. I didn't get much done. After baby finally went down for a nap, I knew I wanted to write, but I couldn't get into it. I didn't have a scene in mind to work on. I do so much better when I've had a scene running through my head. Then, I can sit down and just write.

So, I decided I should mop my kitchen floor. It really needed it. Guess what? Mopping helped. As I mopped the kitchen floor, I tried to get a scene in my mind to work on. It was just long enough to help me figure out what I wanted to work on next. Now, I have a clean kitchen floor and a scene to work on.

Cleaning can help. It's not something I have to concentrate on, so my mind is free to work on writing. So, it's killing 2 birds with one stone ( I hate that saying, but I couldn't think of a better way to say it) You clean the floor and you scour your brain for a scene.

3 comments:

Tamster said...

Sounds like a good plan! Hey, sorry I haven't commented lately. I've been kind of away from Blogland for the past couple weeks, busy with other stuff and not really letting myself get too into blogging. I tend to spend too much time with blogging and get addicted to it, so I had to force myself at first to stay away. Then I got used to not doing it, so I'm waaaaaay behind now and have to play catch-up. Anyway, I'm glad your writing is going well. Good luck! :-)

P.S. I saw Andrea's comment on another post, and I checked to see if it was who I thought it was. They've sure changed, and their family has really grown. She probably wouldn't even remember me, but it was fun to see she's doing well. She was one of your roommates, wasn't she?! Just wondered if I'm thinking right. :-)

Marcia Mickelson said...

Hey Tami. Good to hear from you. I know about the spending too much time blogging. I think I'm up for a bit of a break myself.

That is Andrea who was my roommate. I'm sure she would remember you.

Marsha Ward said...

Hurray for cleaning!

Yikes! What am I saying? I hate to clean. Give me a long walk or a trip to the library and I'm feeling recharged.

However, I'm glad scrubbing the floor worked for you!