Thursday, May 8, 2008

Feeding Turtles

On Thursday, I took my two and a half year old to the San Antonio Botanical Gardens. He'll be 3 in August, so I'm trying to take advantage of all the places he can still get in for free. Three and under are free, so I just had to pay for myself. Nice deal. I thought he would get bored with all the plants & flowers, but he actually really enjoyed it. He liked saying the colors of the flowers we saw and thought it was cool when we saw a banana tree. He loved walking around, especially around fountains and other water sources. He loves throwing rocks & leaves whenever he sees water.

Luckily, when we went to this mini-lake to see turtles, he was thrilled. We bought some fish/duck/turtle food. He loved throwing the bits of food into the lake. It was by far our favorite part of the outing. While we were feeding them, more turtles and ducks came over by us. It was so fun to be close to them and watch them try to eat. Here are some fun pictures. He kept saying, "I like turtles."







2 comments:

Marsha Ward said...

Cute photos! I'm glad he enjoyed the outing.

Tamster said...

How fun! Good for you! What great mommy time! :-)