Monday, May 19, 2008

Salt Lake County Library

My friend and fellow author, Rebecca Talley, just wrote in a blog about the Salt Lake County Library System. It made me curious, so I went over to their website to see how many copies of my books they had in their system.

I was very excited to see that they have 66 copies of Reasonable Doubt in the Salt Lake County Library system. None of them are available. They're all either checked out, on hold, or in transit. And, there are 157 holds on it. So, 157 people are waiting to read my book! Wow! That is exciting.

I just had to share that wonderful piece of news because it makes me happy.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That's awesome, Marcia! That's got to be the best feeling ever! :D

Runyan Gang said...

I just finished reading your book. It's a real page turner. Kendall is planning on reading it next. Way to go Marcia! I'm so proud of you.

Don said...

That's pretty cool. I also just finished RD - I enjoyed it.

The girls and I are reading SSB as their bedtime story right now.

Marcia Mickelson said...

Thanks guys. Andrea & Don, I'm glad you enjoyed Reasonable Doubt. Thanks for letting me know. It's always nice to hear.

Tamster said...

That's so cool how you can tell all that info. on your book--all the #s and stuff. Awesome that it is so popular! That should make you feel really great!

I tried to get my library here to buy it, but so far it does not appear that they are going to. They called me once and said that they didn't find it anywhere else around to borrow it from (which I had already figured; we're not in Utah or a heavily LDS-populated community), so I asked her about buying it (I thought that's what they were going to do in the first place when I requested it), to which she responded something to the effect of, "Oh, I guess I could look into that. I don't know if they will, but the worst thing they could do is say no." I don't know why that wasn't as obvious of an option to her as it was to me, but seeing as I haven't heard anything else for several months probably, I don't expect they will be getting it. Darn! I was hoping to get it here for me to read but also for others to possibly pick up and read who wouldn't otherwise have known of it. Oh, well! I tried! :-(
Do they have it where you live? :-)