Sunday, May 4, 2008

Writing Frenzy

Ahhh, it feels good. I've been in quite a writing frenzy the last month and a half. It hasn't felt like this in almost four years. Prior to 2004, I had a year of writing frenzy. I wanted to write every night. I thought about the story all day long and couldn't wait to hit the computer. I didn't care to watch any TV. I just lived for the story.

In 2004, I sort of hit a writer's block. The presidential election tempted me away from the computer. I watched CNN every night, read books about the candidates, and left writing to the side. After that, I became pregnant and was too tired almost every night to write. My son will be three in August, and writing has not been the same. After that, I wrote out of necessity. I made myself write to meet deadlines, but the passion was not there anymore.

Until now, my passion is back. I started writing a new book in March and have been writing like crazy since. I think about the book most of the day and long to get to the computer. It's been a while since I have felt like this, and it's good to have it back. The presidetial election is looming, and I worry that my attention will be diverted once again. Luckily, we don't have cable anymore, so no more late nights with CNN. And any pregnancies looming? Who knows.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Such a sweet, sweet feeling...

Runyan Gang said...

Hi Marcia. Glad to hear your writer's block has ended. I can't wait to read your latest book. I've started a blog, runyangang@blogspot.com. This is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family.

Marcia Mickelson said...

Yes, Amanda. I just hope it lasts at least until I finish this one.

Andrea--Yay! You're blogging. I was just thinking of you the other day and saying to myself, I wonder if Andrea has a blog. I'm going to check it out right now.

Rebecca Talley said...

Glad to hear you're in the groove.

Amanda said...

Marcia, can you stop by my blog when you have a moment - I have a writing/publishing question up that you might be able to help me with. Sorry to contact you this way, but since the email thing always seems to take days to get through...