Monday, June 23, 2008

San Antonio

I love you San Antonio, and will miss you. I've lived in over 10 cities in my life, and I have to say that you have been my favorite. I loved you from the start and will continue to love you from afar. You have so much to offer, and there are so many reasons to love you. Let me name a few.

You have the most affordable home prices of any big city out there. Your museums and libraries have given me and my kids many good times. You have a great Children's Museum and zoo which my kids have enjoyed over and over. I love your downtown and Riverwalk. I have loved playing outside in shorts in January. I have loved the Mexican food. Our family really enjoyed watching the building of the LDS San Antonio Temple. We love this temple. It will still be our temple, but now we are 2.5 hours away, instead of 25 minutes. I have loved the large Hispanic influence. It is wonderful to see the language of my heritage be celebrated, instead of devalued like in other places where I have lived. I love to see Spanish street names and signs written in Spanish.

We will really miss you, San Antonio, but we will come back to visit. We will come to the temple and to visit family. I'm very excited about living in Corpus Christi, a city that has a lot to offer as well. It's a smaller city, with less traffic. You can get just about anywhere in the city in about 20 minutes. And, the beach is only 15 minutes away. I don't think I need any other reason than that to already love Corpus.

Thank you, San Antonio, for five years of great times and wonderful memories. I will think of you often.

7 comments:

Ricardo & Trenda said...

We are missing you and your family here in the Great city of San Antonio! We feel the same here! I Absolutely feel it's the BEST city in the U.S.! I must admit, being close to the Beach would be nice too!

I wanted to let you know that I just purchased and read BOTH of your awesome books this past week!!! I read them both in two days! They were FANTASTIC, and you left me wanting MORE! When is you next one coming? I realize this is a tedious process, but I'm being selfish when I say, I want more!!! You ROCK, and are VERY TALENTED! Way to go, Marcia! Thanks for producing such thrilling and descent entertainment!!! I'm only sorry I didn't read them sooner so I could have gotten your autograph! Maybe when you come to visit! Best of Luck in Corpus and on your next novel! I'll be waiting!

Ricardo & Trenda said...

Hey Marcia! I just read your interview from Rebecca Talley and realize that you are working on the sequel to Reasonable Doubt! I'm excited for you and to read it! Thanks again for publishing such great books. I'm going to search for those other LDS authors you mentioned... Keep up the Great Work!

Amanda said...

How's Corpus treating you so far?

San Antonio's not a bad town. I wish it wasn't so hot though. ;)

Marcia Mickelson said...

Hi, Trenda. Thanks for reading my books. I'm so thrilled that you liked them. I can't believe you read them so quickly. Wow. I'm finished with the sequel; I just have to do some more editing and then, hopefully I will submit it in a month or two. We miss you guys and hope you come visit some time. We're already coming to San Antonio this weekend to pick up Nolan's motorcycle and go to the temple, but we'll be heading back to Corpus Saturday night. Thanks for your nice comments.

Amanda- I do not like the heat either. That's the one thing I don't like. Corpus has a nice breeze that cools things off a little, but it's still hot too. I still want to read those pages you sent me, and I hope to have some time next week. We're almost all settled, but it's been a busy week.

Amanda said...

Oh gracious, you dont' have to read them right away Marcia, you just moved! I expect unpacking and such will keep you busy for awhile. Did you guys close on the house already? Maybe sometime we'll bring the kids down to the coast and we'll have to stop by and visit. I'm determined they should see the ocean before we move away from TX (though that shouldn't be any time soon).

Marcia Mickelson said...

Amanda, we're about 80 percent unpacked, I think. We've been working very hard this week. We close on the house today; we've been leasing it from the seller in the meantime. Our mortgage company was awful and didn't get the needed documents in time. We were supposed to close on Friday. I'm pretty mad about it, but at least we're here. You guys definitely have to come visit. You can stay with us and hopefully, we'll know the good beaches by then. If not, we'll find out.

S&S said...

Corpus cristi, huh? That's fun! Good luck with the move!