Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Almost There

My word count is at 87,089 words. I am so close to finishing this manuscript. I think my final word count will hover around 90,000 words, so if you do the math, I'm really, really close. I have about 3 little scenes to finish. I cheated and already wrote 'The End.' Bad me. I couldn't help it. The scenes I still have to write are scattered in the last few chapters.

I still have the death scene to write, but I've been putting that off. I wrote around it, already wrote the funeral scene, but I just can't kill the guy. I've been communicating back and forth with a friend from high school who is a doctor now. I'm trying to find the exact cause of death. It has not been determined yet. I think I've narrowed it down, but I'm still not exactly sure if that's how I want him to die. I just need to kill the guy already.

If I can sit down and write for about two hours for about 3 more days, I can have this thing finished. It's already gone through some heavy editing. My friend Amanda has edited most of it. I have about 4 more chapters to send her. I have a few more people reading it. When I finish it, I have one more evaluator to send the whole thing to. After I hear back from her, then I can finish editing and it will be ready for submission. I'm hoping to have it completely edited and ready to submit by the end of February. The end is in sight. I'm so happy.

Now, if I could just find the perfect title for it. Right now the name is "Watching From the Sky," but I don't really love it. It sort of implies a different meaning than I want.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm glad to hear you're making good progress on it!

kcwatson said...

Marcia, how exciting...another book almost completed. Wow, I'm so impressed! Still working on my children's book and in complete awe that you can write a novel!!!