Friday, January 2, 2009

Foto Friday

On Friday, we drove to Nuevo Laredo in Mexico. It was our kids' first time to Mexico. Omar was excited that he can finally say he's been to another country. Diego really wanted a sombrero, and Ruben wanted to find stuff to throw down in the water. Here we are after crossing back over the Rio Grande to Texas. I was just happy to have made it past Border Patrol. The few times I've gone to Mexico, I have this irrational fear that they won't let me back. I brought my Naturalization Certificate as proof that I'm a citizen, but there's always that little fear it won't be good enough. After all, I was in 8th grade when I became a citizen and the picture on my certificate is quite different than what I look like now. No worries, though. I got through just fine.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute hat!

the letter Bee said...

Why do I always have the same fear that I won't be allowed back into the country? Oh yeah, because it says that I am from Utah. Hahaha Just kidding.

Bethany said...

Sounds like it was a fun outing. Glad you were able to get back into the good ol' US of A! Hope you are doing well. Looks like you got a haircut, very nice.

Nicole/ Family said...

Your boys have grown up so much. They are all very handsome!

Rebecca Talley said...

We used to go to Tijuana regularly. I was always stressed they'd try to take my babies so I always made sure I had their birth certificates. Of course, it was completely irrational.

Sounds like you had fun.

Julie said...

I hope you had a great time! I've never been outside of USA before and I'd really like to visit Mexico. This is a really great photo!

Tynel said...

What fun! I love the somberro!