Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Whitney Finalists Announced

The Whitneys are an awards program for LDS authors and is named after Orson F. Whitney. This year is the second annual Whitney Awards and will be held on April 25th in Provo, Utah. I had the pleasure of attending the first annual awards ceremony last year, and it was so much fun. What a great awards program.

Yesterday, the Whitney Awards Finalists for 2008 were announced. I've only read 4 of the finalists, so I have a lot of reading to do the next few months. As a member of LDStorymakers, I am a member of the Whitney Academy and will get to cast my vote in April. I ordered a bunch of books today and need to start reading right away.

If you've read any book by an LDS author, published in 2009, you can start voting for next year's awards. Click here to nominate a book for next year.

Congratulations to all the finalists!

No comments: