Sunday, March 8, 2009

Haven't Blogged in a While

Well, I haven't blogged in a while and I haven't been present on Facebook much lately. What have I been doing, you ask?

1-Reading like a maniac. I'm trying to read about 8 more books before April 4th so I can vote for the Whitney Awards. I have never read so much in so little time in my life. I think I'm getting a little tired of reading. I'm ready for a break come April.

2- Not writing. I have been neglecting writing due to all the reading. It was a good time to have a break in writing, but I'm missing it. I've been waking up feeling a little aimless because I have no story running through my head right now. I need to get that story going soon.

3- Sleeping on the couch. My husband was out of town last week for training with his company. I get so scared at night that I don't like to sleep in my bed. So, I keep the lights and TV on and bring my blanket and pillow on the couch. It's the only way I can fall asleep when he's not here.

4-Trying to keep a 3 and a half year old busy. My Ruben is so different than my older boys. He doesn't like to sit still to play a game or do a puzzle or color. So, he goes from one activity to another. His favorite game is 'Get Me' in which I have to run around the house to grab him and kiss or tickle him. We play 'Get Me' at least once a day. He also loves to play Ruben Sandwich which is when I put him between 2 pillows to make a sandwich and nibble his ear. I just wish we could sit down and play a game of Memory or do a puzzle without him throwing everything in the air. Or, play some Legos without him demolishing what I build. He keeps me going with very little down time.

5-Trying to keep on top of my other 2 boys. My oldest has had so much homework lately as he's been preparing for a standardized test. With all their homework and appointments 3 days of the week, we've just been going, going. It will be nice to have Spring Break in 1 week. They need some down time.

6-Watching American Idol. Danny Gokey is still my favorite. I also like Kris Allen. Loved his rendition of 'Man in the Mirror.' I love that song, in my top ten all time favorites even though I don't like Michael Jackson, but what an awesome song. I also like Allison Iraheta. I do have to admit that I'll miss Tatiana.

Well, that's what I've been up to.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

heheh, when you take that break from reading in April, you can review all your books. :) Or, if you want, you can just update your list without reviews. You're an admin on 5-squared, so you can do that if you want.

Rebecca Talley said...

Sounds like you've been way busy. And your book comes out soon, right?

I'm so looking forward to spring break.

And, Tatiana exhausted me. I think Danny is my favorite, too. My daughter thinks Kris is soooo hot. I think Lil Rounds is good and I love that Scott got through--I hope he sings well through the competition.

Julie said...

For similar reasons and computer problems, I haven't been blogging, facebooking so much either. Slowly, I'm getting back to it though. I've sure had fun reading and scrapbooking though as that's what I've been doing.

Tynel said...

You are a busy woman. I'm sorry you can't sleep when your hubby's not home! That is no fun. I love Danny G and Kris Allen too!