Monday, July 27, 2009

Interview with Cami Checketts

I am happy to present this interview with author, Cami Checketts. Her new book, Sister Pact, will be out soon.


Q: Tell us about your new book.
The Sister Pact is an inspirational suspense novel. Here's a short blurb about it.

Savannah Compton is devastated when her sister and best friend, Allison, falls into a coma after a tragic accident. Or was it an accident? Even with a charming and handsome detective at her side, it seems Savannah may never discover the truth. But if she doesn?t her family could be in even more danger. And Savannah?s past holds its own secrets that could change everything.

Now she must prove her innocence to the one person who is beginning to matter most. Join Savannah as she struggles to summon faith and rely on hope, even in the darkest of circumstances, and learn how the bond between sisters can overcome anything.
Q: Tell us about your journey to publication.
Muddy. But I kept slipping and sliding along the path and eventually found a publisher I'm happy with and a book I'm excited to promote.

Q: Who have been your influences in your writing?
Every author I've ever read. I've devoured books since I was seven. I remember my mom telling me to, "Put down that book and go outside!" I think you carry a piece of all those wonderful stories and it builds your own voice. My favorite book on writing is Noah Lukeman's, "The First Five Pages."

Q: How do you get your inspiration for your books?
Nightmares. If I'm still terrified the next morning I know it'll make a good opening scene.

Q: What are you working on next?
A story about a mom who blogs against television and is rewarded with a visit from a hit man. Yes, it's a bit out there.
Thanks for telling us about yourself, Cami. I'm excited to check out your new book. For more information about Cami's books, check out her website and blog.

http://www.camichecketts.com/

http://camicheckettsbooks.blogspot.com/

http://fitnessformom.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Cami Checketts said...

Thanks, Marcia, for having me on your blog!
If any of your readers would like to win a free copy of The Sister Pact, I'm hosting a giveaway through my blog - http://camicheckettsbooks.blogspot.com.

Thanks again,
Cami

Nikola said...

Thanks for the interview! The book sounds like a good read.

Marcia Mickelson said...

Nikola, it is good. I just finished it and will be posting my review soon.