Sunday, January 3, 2010

LDS Publisher Book Cover Award


LDS Publisher presented book cover awards on her blog. She posted the finalists in different categories here. My cover for Pickup Games was a finalist in the Romance category and here is my award.

I have to say that I was a little surprised that it was nominated because I have heard some negative feedback about my cover and also it is not my favorite cover. There are some elements of the cover that I like. I like the basketball coming up behind the buildings and the sun rays behind it. I also like the outline of the buildings.

Thank you, LDS Publisher for the nice award and for including my cover in your contest.




4 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats!

brandi said...

Congratulations! I really like the cover, but what do I know? lol

Who does your covers for you?

Marcia Mickelson said...

Thanks. Brandi- my publisher, Cedar Fort, designs the covers. In fact, I have very little say about the covers. They are the ones who decide.

Julie said...

Congrats, Marcia! I liked this cover for many reasons including the elements you described.
Good Luck!