Sunday, November 18, 2012

So, what is your book about?

This often-asked question is sometimes hard for me to answer. I'm glad that people are interested in my book, but if my book is not complete, it's difficult for me to talk about because I still have unanswered questions and storyline details I'm not completely sure about. Once it is finished, it is a lot easier to tell others about it.

Even then, however, sometimes it's hard to describe the book in just one or two concise sentences. I'm never sure just how much to say so that there are enough details to explain it, but I don't give away too much. My publisher had me send them a blurb, and I think I definitely gave too much away in it. They tweaked it quite a bit.

Here is a simple, concise summary of my book:

The Huaca is a Young Adult novel. Seventeen-year-old Ellie Cummings is still recovering from her mother’s murder and weird boy, Gabe De La Cruz seems to know way too much about her dead mother.
Ellie turns to Gabe who claims he can communicate with her dead mother. In this haunting mystery, your heartstrings will be tugged as Ellie takes a chance and discovers that the truth may be better kept a secret.

The last sentence was added by my publisher.

Here is a link to Amazon.com where the book is listed and can be pre-ordered. 
http://www.amazon.com/The-Huaca-Marcia-Mickelson/dp/1462111904/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353299183&sr=8-1&keywords=the+huaca


There is no image available yet. I saw a preliminary cover several months ago, but the publisher is still working on it. I am excited to see the finished cover once it is complete

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm very excited for you, Marcia, and I can't wait to see the cover!

Marcia Mickelson said...

Thanks, Amanda. I am very excited too. I will show you the cover as soon as I get it.