Sunday, December 9, 2012

My New Cover- The Huaca

Here is the cover of my YA novel, The Huaca, that comes out in May 2013.




A huaca (pronounced waca) is an object that represents something revered. Huaca is a word from the Quechua language, a native American language of South America.

In my story, the huaca is an Incan artifact (depicted above).

Gabe De La Cruz has the huaca, and it has been passed down to him from his ancestors. Ellie Cummings wants to know who killed her mother. She turns to Gabe who claims he can communicate with her dead mother. Ellie takes a chance and discovers that the truth may be better kept a secret.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Very nice looking cover!

Marcia Mickelson said...

Thanks, Erin! I really like it. I hope it conveys everything that the book is about.