Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Things That Make Me Want to Write


This makes me want to write:  


Every time I see something amazing that someone has created, it makes me want to write. Gustav Klimt's The Kiss is my favorite painting. I find it so inspiring, and since I am not artistic at all, the only thing I can create is a story, so I write.


This makes me want to write:  

Every time I read an amazing book or watch an incredible movie, I want to write. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book and movie of all time. Every time I think about this amazing story, it makes me want to create something, and so I write. 


This makes me want to write:


I love the Broadway play, Aida. It's a beautiful and tragic love story. The music is phenomenal. Listening to the music or thinking about the story inspire me and make me want to create something too. So, I write.

This makes me want to write:    

When I hear a great song, it makes me want to write. I do not write songs, and I cannot sing at all. But, when I hear poetic lyrics like Lisa Loeb's, it makes me want to create something too. 

"and i've learned how to dance from a vincent van gogh,
and the nights were wrapped in a white sheet,
and now no one even says hello,
'cause i couldn't stand on my two feet.
i fell down,
i fell down.

now the peace you will find, in your own you have found,
the lights of the city are the stars on the ground.
"i may not be a quaalude living in a speed zone,"
but i could be restful, i could be someone's home,
if i fell down,
and i fell down, down.

now all the stars have fallen."









No comments: